Enacted: March 23, 2005
Revised: September 21, 2020
Stanley Electric Co., Ltd. and its Domestic Group Companies* (hereinafter referred to as “Company Group”) hereby announces its personal information protection policy (hereinafter referred to as “This Policy”), conscious of the fact that proper protection of personal information of all the persons including customers (hereinafter referred to as “Person/s Concerned”) who provides personal information to the Company Group, is our important responsibility.
1. Observance of related laws and guidelines
The Company Group shall observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003; hereinafter referred to as “Act”) as well as related laws and guidelines.
The terms used in This Policy shall accord with the definitions of the Act.
3. Acquisition of personal information
The Company Group shall acquire the personal information required for its business activities by fair means in accordance with the law.
4. Purposes of use
The Company Group shall use personal information within the scope required for the achievement of the purposes listed below.
1. Information on development, manufacturing and sales of automotive equipment and electronic equipment. Information on contract management, post-sale services, new products and new services
2. Questionnaire surveys, quality improvement activities
3. Recruitment activities, employment management
4. Other works related or incidental to the above
5. Transfer to a third party with the consent of the Persons Concerned or based on the law within the scope required to achieve each of the purposes of use above
5. Safe management of personal data
The Company Group shall manage personal data safely in accordance with the law in order to prevent the leakage, falsification or loss of personal data or use for purposes other than the intended purposes of use. In addition, the Company Group shall strive to keep personal data accurate and up to date, and delete personal data without delay when its use becomes unnecessary within the scope required to achieve the purposes of use. Moreover, the Company Group shall provide the required education and guidance to employees.
6. Transfer to third parties
The Company Group shall not transfer personal data to third parties except in the cases listed below.
1. Cases where Persons Concerned have consented
2. Cases where the Company Group transfers personal data to a subcontractor for outsourcing all or some of the handling of personal data within the scope required to achieve the purposes of use
3. Cases where the Company Group transfers personal data to an affiliated company within the scope required to achieve the purposes of use
4. Other cases permissible by law
7. Transfer of anonymously processed information to third parties
This is an official announcement that anonymously processed information will be created from the following information related to the employees of our company (Stanley Group). In this processing, appropriate protective measures will be taken to ensure that it is not possible to identify specific individuals and not possible to restore the personal information used in the creation of the anonymously processed information. Also, the anonymously processed information created by our company will be provided to third parties for the purpose of the correction of wage levels.
Furthermore, we plan to continue creating (update) anonymously processed information and providing it to third parties.
1. Job title
4. Description of duties (e.g. Personnel affairs, design, production, etc.)
How to provide the information:
Password-protected electronic files are provided via a network
8. Supervision of subcontractors
If transferring personal data to a subcontractor, the Company Group shall conclude a contract with the subcontractor to ensure that the personal data is handled appropriately and shall implement appropriate supervision of the subcontractor.
9. Joint use with affiliated companies
As listed below, there are cases where the Company Group uses personal data jointly with affiliated companies.
Joint use of the personal data of personnel of business partners
a. Items of personal information used jointly
Names and business contact information (company name, address, phone number, FAX number and e-mail address) of the personnel of business partners
b. Scope of joint users
c. Purpose of joint use
As per (1) and (4) of “4. Purposes of use” above
d. Name of institution responsible for the management of personal data
Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.
10. Disclosure, correction and deletion, etc., of retained personal data
If you, as a Person Concerned, wish for your personal data retained by the Company Group to be disclosed, corrected or deleted, etc., please make a request here. After confirming that the request is from a Person Concerned, the Company Group shall take measures for disclosure, correction or deletion, etc., within a reasonable period of time.
11. Access log and cookies on this website
If a Person Concerned has accessed a page for a product or service on this website, the access be recorded in an “access log” (history).
Information such as the name of the internet service provider used by the Person Concerned, the name and version of the browser used, the type of OS used, the website viewed, pages accessed, the date and time of doing so, and the time spent doing so, etc., will be recorded in the access log. The Company Group shall use this personal data for the purpose of further enhancing this website.
12. Security on this website
The Company Group strives to secure safety when Persons Concerned provide personal information to this website, including encryption using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), etc., as a measure against unauthorized access by third parties.
13. Links on this website
This website may link to other companies’ websites, but no personal data is shared. The Company Group shall bear no responsibility with regard to the acquisition of personal data by linked websites so please consider the privacy policies of the linked websites.
14. Continuous improvements
15. Governing law
Please contact the inquiry desk below if you have any questions, opinions or complaints, etc., with regard to the Company Group’s handling of personal information.
Legal Affairs Section, Legal Department, Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.
e-mail address: email@example.com